ABC Advocates Safety in Garage Door Torsion Spring Repairs.
Safety Tips for Brave DIY Repair Advocates and What Professional Garage Door Experts Can Do.
Rockville, MD 25 March 2014.
Much like any other mechanical device, garage door torsion springs won’t last for long. But with proper maintenance and the right skills, it can be preserved. For broken torsion spring’s, it is best to refer to professionals to take on the job. ABC Garage Doors & Openers has a word of advice: never attempt a DIY on this. ABC advocates safe practices in any repair service.For homes equipped with garage doors for added security blanket for car owners, think of springs in comparison to normal door springs atop. It provides needed support whenever the door is opened or closed depending on usage. Due to its nature of repetitive actions, most torsion springs don’t last very long and may last from 3 to 14 years depending on frequency of usage per day. Once it breaks, most homeowners will just attempt to fix it on their own, which at times become very dangerous especially for beginners.
This is why ABC Garage Door Repair offers some safety tips for attempting do-it-yourselfers if ever they really feel like moving their muscles for a man’s typical job at the garage – fixing things.
1. Safety begins with assessing one’s self. Those who aren’t keen with physical work, theoretical techniques and haven’t done any such type of labor before are all qualified to turn into professional installers and repairmen instead.
2. Springs are always under tension; always assume breaking whenever unwinding happens. Put away any body part, especially the head and hands, while unwinding.
3. Wear safety goggles at all times while doing the repair and be wary of old winding cones. These parts tend to be more brittle and break easily.
4. Always unplug anything connected to electricity before proceeding.
5. For the right products and tools, this is the most difficult part in torsion spring repair. Most manufacturers don’t directly sell to end-users. It is also better that a dealer issues them since they have the certain know-hows.
6. To make the whole project efficient, the following tools must be present: winding bars, cables and additional parts.
7. Ask the question: “are you sure about the spring dimensions and particulars?” If not, it is safer to ask someone with necessary expertise to do the choosing for you.
8. Whether or not you need to use a single or double door spring depends on the previous installation. It will also depend on wire length and girth so it is imperative to ready measuring tapes.
9. Torsion spring’s come with cones but there are also some that don’t.
10. Door spring repair and replacement relies much on measurement such as fitting to the size of the door, track radius and the spring itself versus the force it needs to lift. If a do-it-yourselfer is not familiar with all these specs, it is better to let professionals handle it instead.
What ABC can Offer.
By all means, ABC has been in the business for years and it is the go-to site within Rockville, Maryland. As spring replacements are common, the hazards are just as real. If garage doors are operated by electric openers, a broken spring can give off more damage if it is continuously used during the time of malfunctioning. If not properly attended to, it can even cause other property damages to the garage and cars. ABC professionals provide warranty and safety throughout the spring replacement procedure. Their garage door services are also available for commercial and residential settings. They also offer installation and rolling steel doors and roll-up services.
About ABC Garage Doors & Openers.
They serve four key areas namely Columbus, Maryland, Washington and Virginia. They do professional installations, repairs and other garage door-related services. Their 24/7 emergency repair service has been a trademark for the company which was also awarded by Angie’s.